Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sicilian Stuffed Chicken

So I have got to get off the chicken train soon here guys, but I was in the mood for stuffed chicken.  Here's my version.  I took 3 large chicken breasts, split them and pounded them out to about 1/4 inch thick.  I then added sliced ham, fresh buffalo mozzarella, spinach and black olives.  I rolled them up, skewered them closed and heated a pan on high heat with a little olive oil and a pat of butter.  I then seared the rolls until they were crispy and golden on the outside.

I prepared a dish with a little vodka sauce on the bottom and placed the rolls in the pan and cooked at 350 for 40 minutes.  I prepared a simple spaghetti pasta with vodka sauce and leftover peppers and onions.  When the chicken rolls were done, I sliced them to present the stuffing inside and served them with a side of the pasta. Yummy comfort food ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment